Clute/Muggenburg Gallery

The Rio Grande Theatre was continually owned by the same two Clute Muggenbergfamilies that originally built her in the 1920’s, being the children and grandchildren of C. T. Seale and B. G. Dyne.  In 1998, Jan Clute and Carolyn Muggenburg, granddaughters of C. T. Seale, gifted their portion of the theatre to the Dona Ana Arts Council, and later that year, the Arts Council became sole owner of the property.

On permanent display in the Clute/Muggenburg Gallery are memorabilia and photos from the Rio Grande Theatre’s long and illustrious reign in downtown Las Cruces.