49th ANNUAL RENAISSANCE ARTSFAIRE
a virtual event !
The Renaissance ArtsFaire is usually a two-day shopping, eating and entertaining festival set amidst the rolling green hills and picturesque lake of Young Park in Las Cruces. But in 2020, like so many events, this year’s Faire is virtual.
The Renaissance ArtsFaire is the Doña Ana Arts Council’s largest fundraiser. Money raised at the Faire supports children’s art programs and events for local artists throughout the year. Please shop the Marketplace, bid early and often in the online auction, and join in the‘ activities fun contests. Thank you for being here!
See you next year at Young Park for a spectacular 50th Annual Renaissance ArtsFaire!
Shop your favorite Renaissance ArtsFaire vendors for the holidays. Click the link to view some of the jewelers, potters, painters, and textile artisans you love to visit each year.
The online Marketplace will stay open through the Holidays and until the end of the year: Oct. 15 – Dec. 31st.
Shop for this year’s unique 49th Annual RenFaire merchandise such as T-shirts, masks, hand-made mugs and “NO FAIRE” buttons.
MAJOR ONLINE AUCTION NOV. 1st - 7th
DAAC has partnered with Mesilla Valley Estate Sales to bring you a great online auction experience with over 150 items, including original fine art, collectibles, unique excursions, and much more . Preview week is October 23 – 31, bidding starts Nov. 1 – ends Nov. 7.
ALL ITEMS START AT 99¢
BABY YOU CAN DRIVE MY ART ! This “Art Car” is in the online auction.
DAAC has secured a 2012 Toyota Prius in great condition that was turned into an “Art Car” by local artist Luis Navarro. These “cartists,” as they’re known around the globe, turn cars into unique, drivable works of art.
Above are photos of the car before work started, progress made by artist Luis Navarro and Jorge Montes of J&H Paint Shop, and the finished product. Stop by the DAAC Arts & Cultural Center at 250 W. Amador Ave. to see it up close.
Nov. 7th – 1pm – 4pm | Music, Magic, and more!
The 49th Renaissance ArtsFaire Video will be broadcast Nov. 7th from 1 – 4pm on Youtube and Facebook.
This is a 60 min. video featuring some of your beloved RenFaire personalities, like Queen Cherrie, Robert the Ratcatcher, Jousters on Horseback, Royal Court dancers, SCA fighters, singers, magicians, and artists.
This video will give you a taste of past events and focus on next year’s 50th anniversary Faire.
Long-time Renaissance ArtsFaire entertainers Randy Granger and Chris Mitchell will be the MCs for this virtual entertainment event.
For All Ages! Win Cash $ Prizes!
There are three Renaissance-related contests for people to complete at home and submit photos for judging.
- Costume Contests: Adult and Children’s Categories
- Mask Contest: One category for all ages
- Art History Contest (Recreating Art): One category for all ages
Submit entries via email between October 1 through November 5.
Entries will be featured on DAAC’s website and social media between October 1 and November 7.
Winners & Prizes for all contests will be announced November 7 at 4:30pm, LIVE on DAAC Facebook page and broadcast on You Tube.
ART HISTORY CONTEST
Recreating famous works of art with ordinary household items is a world-wide phenomenon and is now included on the websites of world famous museums. We invite our community to recreate a famous work of art from the Renaissance, 14th – 17th Centuries. This can be a family project and lots of fun!
- Recreate a Renaissance painting (14th – 17th Century) using ordinary things found around the house.
- Submit a photo of both your recreated art and an image of the orIginal artwork, so we can compare them, to email@example.com.
- $50 for Most Creative Recreated Renaissance Art (one prize only)
You can still don your Renaissance attire this year!
- Adult and Children’s categories. Cash prizes for both categories.
- Submit photos displaying your period costumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queen Cherrie and her Royal Court will judge the best costumes
- Prizes for Adult category: $50 for 1st place; gift certificates for 2nd and 3rd places
- Prizes for Children’s category: $25 for 1st place, gift certificates for 2nd and 3rd. (Children: 12 years and younger)
- Also for the children, a downloadable Children’s Renaissance Coloring Book will be available.
For all ages!
- Create a partial or full-face mask
- Submit photo of the mask to email@example.com
- Lisa Carlson and Dennis Milligan-Lujan, two local artists, will be judging the masks. and will be looking for creativity and craftsmanship.
- Best mask will receive a $50 cash prize! (one prize only)